Friday, January 4, 2013

Freebie Friday: Get organized!

Well, if you're at all like me, you could use a bit of motivation to get back on track after the holidays. And one of my New Year's resolutions is to be more organized in several aspects of my life. So I was trolling the internet, looking for charts and organizational tips to sort of launch me into being on top of things this year.

I started with FLYLADY.  She has a fabulous website to teach you step by step how to become more efficient at house keeping. Her site can be overwhelming to me, defeating the purpose, because when I am overwhelmed, I just might walk away. SO, I've navigated around her site and found that the best place for me to start was HERE and  HERE.   Her whole premise is that you can master the art of decluttering and cleaning, doing it in the least amount of time, and enjoy it. It is an every day effort and I think it is the solution to my organizational goals for 2013. She has terms like ZONES and THE 27 FLING BOOGIE- but once you get the gist of what she's talking about it REALLY MAKES SENSE. She has the tips and tools to help make new housekeeping habits stick.

And I think I am lost without charts. Last year I so often felt like I was just running from things day to day. I frequently even said to friends, "I'm just doing day to day, I'll get back to you" whenever I tried to schedule anything. Well, NO MORE! I will conquer the art of schedules, chores and the like.  I now have CHARTS. I need 'um. You may, too.  I thought I'd share what I've found! I couldn't narrow it down, so I chose my favorite options and thought it would be fun for you to see if any of them would work for you or give you a starting point to create your own.

So, here is your first Freebie Friday of 2013! A gift you can use all year! Chose one or two or three that may get your year off on the right foot.

2013 Month by Month Printable Calendar from TomKat Studio
Weekly Family Calendar from TomKat Studio
Another Cleaning Calendar
Katie Brown's Housekeeping Checklist
Katie Brown's Cleaning Chart (as if she cleans her house herself).
Daily Housekeeping Schedule from The Time Warp Wife
Clean House Flow Chart
Example of Deep Cleaning Schedule
Daily Chore Chart for Mom
Organizing Planner: The Harmonized House Project | Worldlabel Blog
Planner from Ink Tree Press
CHOREchart1_1
Do Your Chores from Lisa Dickenson

chore list printable
Weekly Cleaning 
Sutton Grace Chore Chart, you'll need to fill in chores

Little Ones Chore Chart from The Handmade Home
Manners Chart from The Handmade Home
Potty Chart from Pure+Lovely

No comments:

Post a Comment