Tuesday, February 26, 2013

UPDATE: the embroidery hoop wreath

 Last week I showed you all the monogram embroidery hoop 'wreath' that I made at a girls craft get away weekend.  We made several fabric choices to swap out....this week I have my robin's egg blue CHEVRON up!
Also, I've had a few messages about the embroidery hoop specifics: 18" is what I'm using in these pics. But any size will do depending on your space...there are even oval hoops (more to come on that another time). Thought I'd share..possibilities are endless and easily adaptable to your own style!




And several people have asked me "Why did I make my 'd' a small 'd'?" Well, I have one of those funny Dutch names that starts with a small 'd'. It sort of 'd'rives me nuts! I don't feel right capitalizing it just for the sake of it looking good on my door when it wouldn't be accurate, (not to mention that I am constantly correcting my kiddos' teachers when they 'correct' it on their papers)...so little 'd' it is.  Sometimes, I'll cheat and turn a 'P' upside down...but in this case, it was hand painted and I'm happy with my little 'd'! Now you know ;)
XXXOOO!!!

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE this idea, Amy! And you swap out the fabrics?! Genius! Pinning!

    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that you like it, Jenna! Yes, swap out the fabrics to suit mood/season/holiday.....so much fun!! THX!!! Yesterday's guest post swap was fun! I need to make some of your horse toy inspired sculptures...my 11 year old daughter LOVES horses...they would be a super fun mommy-daughter project to do together! XXXOOO!

      Delete
  2. love embroidery hoop decor. for last year's craft explosion we did silhouettes on fabric! i have all my kiddos lined up above my cabinets:)

    i for one love lower case letters, if you can't tell:) i think i'm going to come up with a cool story about our swedish last name that requires a lower case 'j'.

    miss chatting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woot woot! I just love coming across fresh takes - embroidery hoop art is all the rage, but this is the first I've seen it as a wreath on the front door. Bravo friend! It looks fab!

    ReplyDelete