Monday, July 15, 2013

Artistic Inspiration #5: Erin Fitzhugh Gregory


Each Weekend I spotlight one of my favorite artists. You never know who will be our guest for the weekend! {For past Artistic Inspiration posts, follow these links: #1: Michelle Armas, #2: Lief Nielsen, #3: Charles Courtney Curran, #4: Sharon Montrose}

This week, I want to share the work of Erin Fitzhugh Gregory, a Georgia painter who captures color, light and shadow in her lovely still life and landscape paintings. Having lived in the South East for a few years, I have to say that I think the light and color in Erin's paintings captures the feel of Southern life and style. I'd love to hang one of her seascapes over a wicker love seat on a screened in back porch.  If I had a screened in back porch :) But I think her oil paintings would be at home in any setting. I'm a big fan of her bold use of color,  I think that is what draws me to her floral still life paintings.















To see more of Erin's artwork visit her studio page efgart.
XXXOOO.

No comments:

Post a Comment